Rainier Beach is a comprehensive high school with the smaller size that many parents prefer. This provides more personalized education in which the staff is able to know students well - a key factor in student achievement.
Through the International Baccalaureate program, the arts and music classes, the CTE classes, and AP Computer Science courses students work with a group of teachers over a period of time.
Strong mentoring programs support incoming ninth-graders in the transition to high school. This continues until students graduate. We have created a climate in which all students feel a sense of belonging, and these efforts are paying off in improved student achievement - our shared goal for all of our students.
Some of our highlights include:
- The International Baccalaureate program offers students and families a great opportunity to participate in the IB diploma program during their high school years. It offers excellent college preparation and a well-rounded education. It is open to any student who has completed the necessary prerequisites; it is not a “test in” program.
- Approximately 29 community partners, in addition to the PTSA, supporting academics, college planning and social/emotional needs
- A strong athletic program focused on the academics and creating student-athletes
- A small school atmosphere in which students are known by many adults in the building
- Full-time arts and music programs
To empower our students to become lifelong learners through the support of family, staff and community, and to excel academically and creatively in a multicultural world!
Rainier Beach High School prepares students to be innovative problem solvers who share responsibility for their success.
Rainier Beach High School facilities are available for rent to the public. To reserve a space, please first confirm availability with Ms.Thomasson, 252.6350. Building Rental instructions and the application can be accessed here.