About Our School
Rainier Beach is a comprehensive high school with the smaller size that many parents prefer. This provides more personalized education in which the staff is able to know students well - a key factor in student achievement. Through the International Baccalaureate program, the arts and music classes, the CTE classes, and AP Computer Science courses students work with a group of teachers over a period of time.
Strong mentoring programs support incoming ninth-graders in the transition to high school. This continues until students graduate. We have created a climate in which all students feel a sense of belonging, and these efforts are paying off in improved student achievement - our shared goal for all of our students.
Some of our highlights include:
· The International Baccalaureate program offers students and families a great opportunity to participate in the IB diploma program during their high school years. It offers excellent college preparation and a well-rounded education. It is open to any student who has completed the necessary prerequisites; it is not a “test in” program.
· Approximately 29 community partners, in addition to the PTSA, supporting academics, college planning and social/emotional needs
· A strong athletic program focused on the academics and creating student-athletes
· A small school atmosphere in which students are known by many adults in the building
· Full-time arts and music programs
To empower our students to become lifelong learners through the support of family, staff and community, and to excel academically and creatively in a multicultural world!
Rainier Beach High School prepares students to be innovative problem solvers who share responsibility for their success.