About Our School
Rainier Beach is a comprehensive high school with the smaller size that many parents prefer. This provides more personalized education in which the staff are able to know students well - a key factor in student achievement. Through the Advanced Placement classes, the arts and music classes, and the CTE classes, students work with a group of teachers over a period of time. Strong mentoring programs support incoming ninth-graders in the transition to high school. This continues until students graduate. We have created a climate in which all students feel a sense of belonging, and these efforts are paying off in improved student achievement - our shared goal for all of our students. Some of the highlights include:
- Approximately 29 community partners, in addition to the PTSA, supporting academics, college planning and social/emotional needs
- Advanced Placement offerings in all core subjects (with more added each year!)
- A strong athletic program focused on the academics and creating student-athletes
- A small school atmosphere in which students are known by many adults in the building
- Full-time arts and music programs
To empower our students to become lifelong learners, through the support of family, staff and community, and to excel academically and creatively in a multicultural world!
To empower students and staff to achieve the highest standards through academic, artistic and social achievement everyday!