We at Rainier Beach feel that participation in student-oriented activities is a vital part of a student’s education. Therefore, a wide range of activities is provided, which include the following:
Associated Student Body
Ms. Thomas - Activities Director
Student leadership at Rainier Beach High School continues to grow well beyond the structure of the ASB. It includes each and every student who demonstrates an interest in learning and providing leadership within the student body. The ASB at Rainier Beach is a highly flexible student leadership body that continues to modify its structure to most effectively meet the needs of the student body, the school and the community. All interested students are encouraged to involve themselves in leadership and the Student Council. Elected and appointed student officers should have your support in meeting the goals and objectives they have set. These goals include but are not restricted to the following:
- Foster, promote, and develop leadership and citizenship.
- Develop school spirit, student morale and pride.
- Provide good faculty-student relations.
- Promote good school-community relations.
- Sponsor projects and activities.
- Provide a means for all pupils to participate in activities.
Your new officers and other interested students should take every opportunity to increase their leadership concepts, skills and techniques. They must continually review their responsibilities as officers and leaders and strive to live up to the expectations of the student body, tile staff and the community.
All students are encouraged to become involved in some level of student government. Your participation in activities/fund-raisers and student government is needed and appreciated.
Annuals are issued in May; price reduced for students on free and reduced-priced lunch.
- Honor Roll: Composed of students who earn a 3.2 GPA for any given quarter.
- Honor Society: Composed of students who earn a 3.2 GPA for any given semester.
- Gold Cord: Given to graduating seniors who have earned a 3.5 - 4.0 overall GPA.
- Color Cord: Given to graduating seniors who have earned a 3.2 - 3.49 overall GPA.
Service learning includes projects which meet academic, civic, character, or leadership learning goals through hands on, relevant, and relational service in collaboration with the community. To access the service learning form, please click here