About Rainier Beach High School
Rainier Beach is a comprehensive high school with the smaller size that many parents prefer. This provides more personalized education in which the staff is able to know students well – a key factor in student achievement.
Through the International Baccalaureate program, the arts and music classes, the CTE classes, and AP Computer Science courses students work with a group of teachers over a period of time.
Strong mentoring programs support incoming ninth-graders in the transition to high school. This continues until students graduate. We have created a climate in which all students feel a sense of belonging, and these efforts are paying off in improved student achievement – our shared goal for all of our students.
Some of our highlights include:
- The International Baccalaureate program offers students and families a great opportunity to participate in the IB diploma program during their high school years. It offers excellent college preparation and a well-rounded education. It is open to any student who has completed the necessary prerequisites; it is not a “test in” program.
- Approximately 29 community partners, in addition to the PTSA, supporting academics, college planning and social/emotional needs
- A strong athletic program focused on the academics and creating student-athletes
- A small school atmosphere in which students are known by many adults in the building
- Full-time arts and music programs
Our Mission and Vision
To empower our students to become lifelong learners, critical thinkers, and compassionate leaders through the support of families, staff, and community; and to excel academically and creatively in a multicultural world.
Rainier Beach High School prepares students to be innovative problem solvers who share responsibility for their success.
8815 Seward Park Ave S.
Seattle, WA 98118
Principal: Ivory Brooks | email@example.com
Assistant Principal: Dr. Cornetta Mendoza firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Principal: Dr. Scott Pierce | email@example.com
Assistant Principal: Renee Willette | firstname.lastname@example.org
School Administrator: LaNita Thomasson | email@example.com
Rainier Beach High School facilities are available for rent to the public. To reserve a space, please first confirm availability with Ms.Thomasson, 252.6350. Building Rental instructions and the application.