Rainier Beach High School Library
The mission of Rainier Beach library is to inspire students, staff, and community members to be life-long learners, critical thinkers, informed decision makers, ethical users and creators of ideas and information, and compassionate leaders who help create a more equitable and peaceful world.
Students and Families: Comcast and Wave Internet provide affordable high-speed home Internet access to eligible families with school-age children. Please visit the City of Seattle webpage to learn more, translations included.
General Research Resources
- Seattle Public Schools Library Resources
- Rainier Beach Library Catalog
- JSTOR – a subscription-based digital library provided by Rainier Beach High School; please contact Ms. Sarah for login information.
- Salem Press Primary Sources eBooks – provided by Rainier Beach High School; please contact Ms. Sarah for login information.
- SweetSearch – a search engine built for students and educators.
- Khan Academy
- Northwest Immigrant Rights Project
- Washington Dream Coalition
- Colectiva Legal del Pueblo
- Colectiva Legal del Pueblo on Facebook
- Read Online!
- Library Link
- What Should I Read Next?
- Your Next 5 Books – personalized book recommendations from librarians at Seattle Public Library (SPL)
- SPL Book Recommendations for teens
- Teen Book Lists – from King County Library
- ProjectLIT Community
- We Read Too App – a book resource app on iOS showcasing children’s and young adult books written by authors of color featuring characters of color
- We Read Too on Facebook
- CommonLit – always free for students and teachers
- Series and Sequels
Local, National, and International News
- The Seattle Times
- Seattle Post-Intelligencer
- The New York Times
- Newspapers from Around the World
- Newsela – news articles from top national and regional newspapers, written at five reading levels
- Zotero – the best citation generator
- 301 Prompts for Argumentative Writing (from The New York Times)
- The Owl at Purdue
- How to Write a Research Paper
Country Information and Maps
- Background Notes: U.S. Department of State
- CIA World Factbook
- National Geographic Maps
- Library of Congress: Country Studies
- United Nations
- BBC Country Profiles
The Library of Congress American Memory Project
The National Archives
National Archives Online Exhibits
Calisphere (University of California)
University of Washington Digital Collections
The History Link (Pacific Northwest primary resources)
Other Libraries and Resources
- King County Library
- Seattle Public Library | Library Link Information
- University of Washington Libraries
- The Library of Congress
- Library Catalog
- Online Student Resources
- Network Use Agreement
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program