Rainier Beach High School Library
The mission of Rainier Beach library is to inspire students, staff, and community members to be life-long learners, critical thinkers, informed decision makers, ethical users and creators of ideas and information, and compassionate leaders who help create a more equitable and peaceful world.
Students and Families: Comcast and Wave Internet provide affordable high-speed home Internet access to eligible families with school-age children. Please visit the City of Seattle webpage to learn more, translations included.
RBHS Academic Honesty Policy
General Research Resources
- Seattle Public Schools Library Resources
- Library/ Technology Schoology Course for RBHS Students (all RBHS students are automatically enrolled; staff can enroll by locating the course in Schoology or obtaining an Access Code from Ms. Sarah)
- Rainier Beach Library Catalog
- JSTOR – a subscription-based digital library provided by Rainier Beach High School; please contact Ms. Sarah for login information.
- Salem Press Primary Sources eBooks – provided by Rainier Beach High School; please contact Ms. Sarah for login information.
- SweetSearch – a search engine built for students and educators.
- Khan Academy
- Northwest Immigrant Rights Project
- Washington Dream Coalition
- Colectiva Legal del Pueblo
- Colectiva Legal del Pueblo on Facebook
- Read Online!
- Library Link
- What Should I Read Next?
- Your Next 5 Books – personalized book recommendations from librarians at Seattle Public Library (SPL)
- SPL Book Recommendations for teens
- Teen Book Lists – from King County Library
- ProjectLIT Community
- We Read Too App – a book resource app on iOS showcasing children’s and young adult books written by authors of color featuring characters of color
- We Read Too on Facebook
- CommonLit – always free for students and teachers
- Series and Sequels
Local, National, and International News
- The Seattle Times
- Seattle Post-Intelligencer
- The New York Times
- Newspapers from Around the World
- Newsela – news articles from top national and regional newspapers, written at five reading levels
Country Information and Maps
- Background Notes: U.S. Department of State
- CIA World Factbook
- National Geographic Maps
- Library of Congress: Country Studies
- United Nations
- BBC Country Profiles
- The Library of Congress American Memory Project
- The National Archives
- National Archives Online Exhibits
- Calisphere (University of California)
- University of Washington Digital Collections
- The History Link (Pacific Northwest primary resources)
Other Libraries and Resources
- King County Library
- Seattle Public Library | Library Link Information
- University of Washington Libraries
- The Library of Congress
- Library Catalog
- Online Student Resources
- Network Use Agreement
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program